1st Annual Oysterfest, Beer Bash & Tent Party 4.25-4.30
Queen’s King of the Raw Bar Challenges Local Celebrity Chefs to “Shuck” for Charity
We’re rolling out the RAW carpet for fellow oyster lovers to sip, slurp, shuck and shimmy during its first annual OysterFest! Just $5 will get slurp-happy New Yorkers into the city’s hottest OysterBash and front row seats at London Lennie’s first annual Celebrity Chef Shuck-Off competition hosted by Sue Torres, Executive Chef/Owner of New York’s Sueños Restaurant and Food Network regular.
On Saturday, April 30th at 2:00PM, London Lennie’s is inviting New York City’s best chefs to showcase their “sharp shucking” skills during their first annual OysterBash Blow Out Block Party, taking place from 1:00PM – 7:00PM. The chef with the most RAW talent will be crowned “King or Queen of the Raw Bar” and will win a grand prize pot of over $2,000 to donate to their charity of choice.
OysterBash attendees can also indulge in an oyster-packed menu, endless raw bar, drink specials including Make-Your-Own oyster shooters, live music, a raffle of scrumptious prizes, and a Slurp-Off competition featuring a $500 grand prize. London Lennie’s OysterBash and Celebrity Chef Shuck-Off competitions are open to the public and tickets are available for $5 at the door. Food and beverage are available for purchase during the event.
Raw bar revelers can also enjoy week-long OysterFest specials starting on Monday, April 25thincluding:
Oysta’ Hour Raw Bar Menu
(Served Monday, April 25th – Thursday, April 28th from 6:00PM to 9:00PM)
- Half-a-Buck-a-Shuck oysters
- Sip-n-Slurp flights of oyster-friendly wines and beers
OysterFest Special Menu
(Served all day Monday, April 25th – Saturday, April 30th)
- Eight species of oysters served on the half shell
- Fried Oysters, Oysters Rockefeller and Oyster Po’ Boy specials
- Oyster-infused specialty cocktails
Nightly Live Music and Slurp-Off Competitions
(Taking place Monday, April 25th – Friday, April 29th between 6:00PM and 9:00PM)
- Nightly “Slurp Off” contestants will go head-to-head to slurp a dozen oysters. Each night’s speediest slurper will be automatically entered to compete in the “Slurp Off” grand championship during London Lennie’s OysterBash on Saturday, April 30th
- The grand prize winner will be awarded $500.00 and crowned “King or Queen of the Slurp”